"Educating Tomorrow's Leaders One Hug at a Time"
520-575-6565 1310 W. Ina Road Ina and La Canada
Fun ways to get ready for preschool:
- Talk about how much fun preschool will be.
- Read books about preschool.
- Pretend play what preschool will be like.
- Visit our school, meet your teacher and play within the classroom before the first day.
- Have your child help you pack their lunch & other items they may need on the first day.
- Put your child’s first and last name on all items they bring with them to preschool.
How to say goodbye?
2. Introduce him to his teacher, help him wash his hands and try to get him interested in playing with something in the room.
3. When you are ready to leave, say goodbye, give him a hug and kiss, and then leave, even if he starts to cry. Your child’s teacher will comfort him and ease the transition. We have found that the crying escalates if you stop and stay in the room. Generally the crying will stop in minutes, sometimes seconds. If your child is unhappy for a long period of time we will notify you and you are welcome to call and check to see how your child is doing.
*Younger children, particularly toddlers, may need a week or two to adjust but this is normal. If your child is engaged in play, be sure to still say goodbye to promote trust in the parent-child relationship.
How do children learn?
- Feeling of security
- Friendships with other Children
- Self-control, sharing & limits on behavior
- Participating in activities with other children
- Good manners
How to say “Hello” at pick-up?
When your child is thoroughly adjusted, he may be unhappy to leave the preschool, especially if you have come during a favorite activity. First, do not take this personally. Your child still loves you and did miss you while you were away. Some children have trouble making transitions to the next activity, like leaving for home. This is normal. Give him at least 5-10 minutes to transition. Though this can be frustrating, remember it is a good thing that your child is enjoying their preschool experience.
Once you have greeted your child, please stay with them. It is against licensing rules to have a child unsupervised anywhere in the school. Also, be sure to check your child’s cubbie for any belonging that need to be taken home.
For more information or to schedule a tour
1310 W. Ina Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
Email Us: email@example.com